Friday, January 14, 2011

Maine Gov. Paul LePage on NAACP: "Tell 'em to kiss my butt."

Good for him. These special interest groups have got to be "rained in". As my husband and I and our fluffy dog were traveling around the country, we visited Maine while living in Vermont for the thirteen weeks I was a Travel Nurse. I saw my first Moose in Maine. We even looked at property for sale. Now it's turned way too liberal for us, but the Governor sounds like a pistol!

From WCSH6:
SANFORD, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- While attending a meeting for business leaders in Sanford, Governor Paul LePage spoke out about why he would not attend Martin Luther King ceremonies on the upcoming holiday.

LePage has declined invitations from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). The organization has already expressed its displeasure with the governor's plans to not attend the events.


"They are a special interest. End of story...and I'm not going to be held hostage by special interests. And if they want, they can look at my family picture. My son happens to be black, so they can do whatever they'd like about it," said LePage.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and we will review your comment and post it within 24 hours