Friday, January 21, 2011

I feel sorry for the United States By Susan Frances Bonner

I feel sorry that as a nation of such diverse and hardy people we only have two political parties to represent us. It proves we are not strong enough to stand up to what we believe in. That was the first step towards relinquishing our freedom.

I feel sorry that our leaders are dividing us by lines of race, religion, and income. We’re all in this together.

I feel sorry that after the attack on NY, the pentagon, and the bravery of the United States citizens in Pennsylvania; nationalism, sovereign citizen, patriotism, and God are dirty words.

I feel sorry that in a land so rich with resources, we cannot rely on each other, or ourselves to live day to day.

I feel sorry that we must be blamed for every nation’s mistakes and problems; the price of bringing freedom to the world is indeed high.

I feel sorry that we can’t come to terms, that no matter how much we talk, tolerate and help another nation, they still hate and want to destroy every person in our country.

I feel sorry that the concept of national and personal defense; which was the basis for our constitution and Bill of Rights, has become the most controversial and questioned issue of these times.

I feel sorry that the liberals of our country cannot tell every one of their real agenda; to merge us into a one world order. I hate to break it to them, but the Vulcans are not going to rescue us.

I feel sorry that our children are being brought up by either the government, TV, or the local drug dealer. And parents are too busy to care.

I feel sorry that the break down of our families is the fault of our women, who never realized how important they were, behind it all, keeping us all together.

And I truly feel sorry that those fateful words of Benjamin Franklin now sound so ominous… “We’ve given you a Republic; let’s see if you can keep it.”

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and we will review your comment and post it within 24 hours