Tuesday, December 30, 2008

U.S. Fails to Withstand Mock Cyberattack

We abuse and use the Internet all the time, but this story, important to us all was not pushed by the "lame stream media" hence I am. I may not have enough time to blog all the "day", but I will try to keep you'll informed when I can, between the blog and my radio show. So read on "Macbeth".

From Fox News:
We're not ready.

That's the disheartening conclusion reached by the organizers of a mock cyberattack on the United States, reports Reuters.

Details were sketchy, but participants told the news agency that the exercise exposed serious security gaps in leadership, preparedness and communications.

"We're way behind where we need to be now," said Rep. James Langevin, D-R.I. "This is equivalent in my mind to before September 11 ... we were awakened to the threat on the morning after September 11."

The two-day "cyberwar" simulation involved 230 government agencies, private companies and other groups.

It ran through what would happen if overseas hackers launched massive attacks during a national crisis — as happened in Estonia last year during a wave of ethnic violence, and again in Georgia during the brief Russian invasion this August.
Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and we will review your comment and post it within 24 hours