Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Uncooperative Wife Opines

Hello again all,

If you have been listening to the Uncooperative Radio Show you know I have learned how to drive a snowmobile. I did it on New Years Day no less. Not only am I driving, but I am now hauling supplies up to our mountain on an sled that I pull behind me. Now, this may not be a big deal to some and it maybe fun to others; but to me, it was one of the fears I have had to overcome in my life. Someone once said that being fearful of something and doing it anyway is the mark of the brave. I don't feel brave, but then again I have never been a thrill seeker. But I am certainly glad I overcame my fear, as I have many times in my life.

And that brings us to the subject of fear. Fear, one of the human emotions that can move us to protect, defend, or destroy. God, (for those who believe in him) instilled fear into man for protection. If we didn't fear pain or death we wouldn't take precautions to avoid either, thereby experiencing both. But fear can also be overwhelming, stopping us from doing things that need to be done or finding out new things in life. I sometimes envy people who are fearless. They seem so free, somehow. I will never be, its not in me. But I will take baby steps and try not to let fear paralyze me from living life. One of our neighbors up here said, "ya always need options" and he was right, overcoming my fear of snowmobiling this year has given the Uncooperative Family another option. I wonder what other fear I'll overcome in 2009.
Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and we will review your comment and post it within 24 hours