Saturday, December 01, 2007

Why we should speak English

Cross posted from Right Truth

A reader of Right Truth left the following as a comment. I think it deserves to be read by all:

I am a 56 year old white male, retired from the Lutheran ministry. I served nine years in the Navy. I have law enforcement experience. I have been looking for a job as a school teacher or in the social work field. I have a masters degree, but no teaching certificate. With my undergraduate degree grade point average, I could get my certification. Since I am not bi-lingual, I cannot.

Elementary school teachers in the Valley area of Texas must be bi-lingual. The schools are full of children from Mexican national households. I have interviewed for CPS positions, but have been denied employment because I am not bi-lingual. Families in this area, prone to CPS investigation, do not speak English. I cannot interview prospective offenders, because I do not speak Spanish.

As a citizen of our country and this state, I am unemployable in fields where I would be in other ones. I have joked with family that I live in North Mexico. This is not a joking matter. --Dwayne A. Johnson

I welcome your thoughts and comments for Mr. Johnson.



Other immigration news:

Tyson Foods now importing Somali refugees for cheap labor from Toni at Bear Creek Ledger

Tyson Foods gets caught with hundreds of illegal aliens from Mexico and Central America so they go to resettlement camps to bring in Somalis to the small Kansas town of Emporia. Bear in mind Tyson takes no responsibility for these refugees except for the job. The town is left to deal with all the other extended family members and social problems. I've spoken before of the problems relating to the Somali refugees brought into Minnesota. What angers me is Tyson's disgusting behavior. Because of their importation of illegal aliens I've long ago stopped buying any Tyson products (continue reading)

County Immigration Crackdown Upheld from Inmuscatine

A federal judge dismissed a lawsuit Friday that challenged a suburban Washington county's recent effort to clamp down on illegal immigrants, one of the toughest such crackdowns in the country.

U.S. District Judge James Cacheris said the plaintiffs lacked legal standing to challenge

measures passed earlier this year by the Prince William County Board of Supervisors.

One of resolution requires police to check the immigration status of people they detain if

they have reason to suspect the person is an illegal immigrant. A second seeks to deny

numerous county services to illegal immigrants, including business licenses, drug

counseling, housing assistance and some services for the elderly (continue reading)

Not related:

Hubby and I are attending a Christmas Party tonight. About 150 people expected to attend, great food on the menu, outstanding music planned after dinner ... wish you all could be there. I've got my dancing shoes out, fancy outfit ready to wear. Merry Christmas -- let the festivities begin.

Other reading:

My Art Show, 123Beta



The ACLU thinks this is an endorsement?


Up Close and Personal: The Shunning of Israel



**This was a production of The Coalition Against Illegal Immigration (CAII). If you would like to participate, please go to the above link to learn more. Afterwards, email brianbonner90-at-gmail-dot-com and let us know at what level you would like to participate.**



Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and we will review your comment and post it within 24 hours