Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Plan: Use wounded troops if diplomats refuse service

I don't remember where I saw Duncan Hunter, make this suggestion to solve the problem with FSOs not wanting to be sent to Iraq, but I remember thinking what a great idea! Then I said, hey this is the only Presidential candidate to come up with a real solution to a problem and did it quickly. Duncan Hunter has just risen to the top of my list of presidential candidates. This is the kind of President I want for my country.

From WND:
Responding to reports that State Department officials are refusing to serve in Iraq because it's too dangerous, Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., has proposed a novel plan to President Bush – to bypass the agency and recruit from among U.S. military troops discharged after suffering injury.

Hunter, a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, told talk-radio host Glenn Beck today he met with Bush just 30 minutes prior to the interview and gave him a letter outlining the plan.

"I said, 'Let's go over to Bethesda and Walter Reed (hospitals) and as we get these new – these soldiers and Marines who are embarking on new careers," Hunter said, "let's recruit them for the State Department; and let's fire these guys that refuse to go, and we'll give the State Department careers to these military guys."


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and we will review your comment and post it within 24 hours