Monday, April 16, 2007

Elizabeth Edwards Attacks Neighbor

I got on to this story listening to Andrew Wilkow's Radio Show...

Elizabeth Edwards says she is scared of the "rabid, rabid Republican" who owns property across the street from her Orange County home — and she doesn't want her kids going near the gun-toting neighbor.

Edwards views Johnson as a "rabid, rabid Republican" who refuses to clean up his "slummy" property just to spite her family, whose lavish 28,000-square-foot estate is nearby on 102 wooded acres.

Methinks someone is a malignant narcissist. He was there when they decided to buy the adjacent property and I guess they expect him to change his life just to please them.

Johnson, 55, acknowledges his Republican roots. But he takes offense to the suggestion he has purposefully left his property, including an old garage that he leases for use as a car shop, in dilapidated condition.

Johnson said he has lived his entire life on the property, which he said his family purchased before the Great Depression. He said he's spent a lot of money to try and fix up the 42-acre tract.

He also left an abandoned house facing their property. But he said he was born there and doesn't have the money to fix it up or the heart to tear it down.

"I have to budget. I have to leave within my means," Johnson said. "I don't have millions of dollars to fix the place."

Imagine people having to live within a budget! What happened to Edwards' love of the poor and coming from a "textile mill floor worker" family? I think this should be the end of Edwards' Presidential ambitions, but the Lame Stream Media is not talking about this story.

Edwards, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, particularly recalls the time neighbor Monty Johnson brought out a gun while chasing workers investigating a right of way off his property. The Edwards family has yet to meet Johnson in person.

But Johnson defended the occasion he used a gun, saying those on his land didn't have the proper approval.

"I use the gun for protection, and I considered that an appropriate time," Johnson said. "Sometimes you have to take drastic measures."

I have used guns numerous times to chase people off my property that didn't belong on my property; big deal.

"I wouldn't be nice to him anyway," Edwards said in an interview. "I don't want my kids anywhere near some guy who when he doesn't like somebody, the first thing he does is pull a gun out. It scares the business out of me."

I guess Edwards is not going for the gun owner vote huh? Imagine someone using their Second amendment right.

I have a question, does the Edwardsess have private security to protect their property?

The day they looked at their property, the couple and several Secret Service agents parked on his land and walked across the street into the woods.

Johnson approached the agents and asked what they were doing on his property. "The Secret Service let me know it wasn't my concern," he said.

I tell you what, if that was my property, those Secret Service Agents would have been informed they were trespassing and if they don't leave immediately I am calling the sheriff. Let's see, trespassing while carrying a firearm.... hmmm... that is a felony.

"I thought he was supposed to be for the poor people," Johnson said. "But does he ever socialize with any poor people? He doesn't speak to me."

Do you think the Edwardses even considered what building that monstrosity would do to their neighbors property taxes?

Edwards is obviously a self centered, self serving, narcissist who doesn't really care about anyone.

On Tuesday, "Inside Edition" turned up.

A producer and a videographer told Johnson to go in his trailer and then come out carrying his gun. They told him to describe it as the "weapon of mass destruction" that Edwards referred to, and talk about it as "nothing more than a squirrel gun."

"This is my weapon of mass destruction," Johnson said, looking into the camera.

Johnson, who has posted a "Go Rudy Giuliani 2008" sign on a fence just 100 feet from the entrance to the Edwards' driveway, has criticized Edwards for the scale of their nearby home. The property and home, which includes an indoor basketball court, an indoor handball court and an indoor pool, is valued at $5.3 million.

Johnson and his wife, Vanessa, are getting out. They put their land on the market for $1.6 million -- before Edwards' remarks, Johnson said -- because the couple can't afford the property taxes and don't like all the growth around them.

"Whoever buys it can have it," he said, adding he'll sell it to the Edwardses if they want it.

I know exactly how he feels. This is why I am living in the middle of the National forest.

You better sell, Mr. Johnson, because they moved in and raised your property value Mr Johnson and you likely won't be able to afford the property taxes.

In the meantime, Johnson said he doesn't have hard feelings toward Edwards, but he does expect her to say she's sorry.

"I think she owes me an apology," he said. "And I won't feel right until I get it. If this is how they treat people in the White House, America is in for a helluva time."

You are right Mr. Johnson, but I would not hold my breath...

ABC has a Video report on the story.

Sources:
US Today
ABC News
News Busters
Capitol Hill Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and we will review your comment and post it within 24 hours